Do you want your parents to live with you in Dubai? Here’s what you need to do.
Here’s how to get a residence visa for your parents;
Who can sponsor parents?
UAE expatriates, holding valid resident visas having a minimum salary of Dh20,000 or a monthly pay of Dh19,000 plus a two-bedroom accommodation can get one year renewable resident visas for their parents or parents-in-law.
Both or none
As per new regulations, you have to sponsor both your mother and father together and show proof that you are their sole provider and that there is no one to take care of them in your home country.
However, if your parents are divorced or one is deceased, you should carry documentary proof, when visiting Department of Naturalisation and Residency Dubai (DNRD) to obtain the entry permit visa, which is the first step before you can apply for a residence visa.
Getting the entry visa
Your parents have to enter the country on this visa and you should ideally get the residency visa sorted within 60 days from their date of entry.
- Typed application form from registered typing centres
- Original passport of sponsor and parent/s
- One photo each of the parent/s
- Proof of relationship from your embassy or consulate attesting relationship and that you are the sole provider and care taker for your parent/s
- Copy of job contract for the sponsor or salary certificate from employer.
- Take the listed documents and go to General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Dubai. Submit them along with a letter from your side appealing on humanitarian grounds for entry visa for your parent/s. Also, enclose copies of all above documents along with your contact numbers. The Approval Committee will either confirm or reject your application within two weeks.
- Have a registered typist complete the form after paying the fees.
- Go to the residency section of DNRD and hand in the documents.
- Entry Permit will be sent by Empost usually within 48 hours, or if you have applied for urgent visa, then you should receive it from the counter in a few minutes.
- Dh2,000 refundable deposit (keep receipt safely for renewal or reimbursement, as this is paid back only when the visa is cancelled or in case your parent dies)
- Dh110 application fee + typing centre fee (or pay Dh100 for urgent application)
Getting the residency visa
Once you receive the entry permit, get started on the visa procedures to be completed within 60 days from date of entry.
Documents required for residence visa
- Application form and 3 photos of parent/s
- Original passport of parent/s and sponsor
- Original entry permit
- Health card of parent/s
- Refundable deposit receipt
- Original job contract or salary certificate of the sponsor
- Do a health checkup and obtain a medical card.
- Take the documents and go to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai.
- Have one of the typists there complete the form for you after paying the fees.
- Go to the residency section and hand in the documents.
- The passport/s with the residency visa stamp will be sent to you through Empost.
- Get a basic mandatory insurance policy for your parent/s starting at Dh600.
- Dh110 residency fees each year, not inclusive of typing centre fees
- Dh100 urgent application (optional)
- Dh10 Empost fees